The following project will help you identify what makes characters or people “round” characters. It will also help you have a meaningful and authentic conversation with another human being. Having this conversation with another human being should help you also have that conversation with yourself, and prepare you for your own memoir. Please choose five questions from the list below and create one of your own questions to ask your parent or guardian. Due Wednesday May the 4th be with you.
- Find a quiet place
- Sit close to each other
- Begin recording
- Point the microphone (bottom of the phone) towards whoever is speaking Ex. Point it toward your mouth when you are asking a question
- Ask the questions and LISTEN
- Ask follow-up questions like, “Why did you feel that way?” and say, “Tell me more about that.”
- Talk back and forth for 10 minutes
- At the end say THANK YOU!
- What was the happiest moment of your life? The saddest?
- Who has been the biggest influence on your life? What lessons did that person teach you?
- Who has been the kindest to you in your life?
- What is your favorite memory of me?
- What are you proudest of?
- When in life have you felt most alone?
- If you could hold on to one memory from your life forever, what would that be?
- How has your life been different than what you’d imagined?
- How would you like to be remembered?
- Do you have any regrets?
- What are your hopes for what the future holds for me? For my children?
- If this was to be our very last conversation, is there anything you’d want to say to me
- Is there anything that you’ve never told me but want to tell me now?
- Is there something about me that you’ve always wanted to know but have never asked?
Here is the link for the follow-up questions.
Using a half to full typed page, Respond to the following questions: